Boasting 4 programmable buttons, the Grimac Royal Falcon La Valentina automatic brings simplicity to the world of prosumer machines. With these buttons, you can program the machine to dispense as much or as little liquid as you would like, so there’s no need to stand around and wait for the shot to finish brewing. In fact, the machine’s heat exchanger boiler makes it possible for you to use this brewing time to froth and steam milk if you choose. The steam wand is mounted on a ball joint, ensuring that there is an abundance of room in which to fit your frothing pitcher. To maintain temperature and pressure stability, a Sirai commercial pressure stat has also been included. A perfect choice for a small café or other commercial application, this machine is listed for UL and ETL, assuring its compliance with commercial safety standards. However, it’s size and sleek look make it an excellent selection for the discerning home barista as well. The stainless steel housing of the La Valentina helps to form a modified pyramid shape that distinguishes this machine from all others and makes it a genuine conversation piece. Due to its ETL listing, La Valentina comes with taller adjustable legs that can bring the total height of the machine to 17.75 inches, but they may be removed for home use. In addition, it has a permanent plastic covering on the on/off switch to prevent circuitry damage caused by steam. The La Valentina comes with 2 portafilters (1 single spout and 1 double spout), as well as single and double shot filter baskets, a stainless steel coffee scoop, plastic tamper, group brush, and stainless steel backflush disc. A replacement water nozzle, shower screen, and diffuser plate are also included.
Please Note: Regulations for commercial use vary between states. Be aware of your local requirements. Machines carrying an NSF approval are labeled as such.
For small cafés and specialty retail shops in need of a durable machine, the La Valentina is a cost-effective, low output alternative to constant use machines. The La Valentina is constructed out of commercial-grade components and features an E61 brew group for consistent brewing temperatures. With programmable, automatic brewing controls and unmatched heat retention, the La Valentina Automatic can steam and brew continuously during light to moderate daily use.
Programming the machine’s brew settings requires a bit of testing to find the right presets to match your business needs, but once the La Valentina Automatic has been programmed, any user can brew a shot at the press of a button. Although the actual brewing process is automated, the art of brewing, steaming, and frothing comes with experience and training.
- The La Valentina features a nickel-plated, heat exchanger boiler for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- Boiler Capacity: 1.3-liters
- With an E61 Brew Group and a chrome-plated brass grouphead, this machine is built for maximum temperature stability.
- The La Valentina Automatic has 4 programmable buttons so you can brew different preset amounts of espresso automatically.
- A built-in pressure gauge on the La Valentina allows you to monitor your boiler to ensure consistent temperatures.
- The La Valentina has an independent, stainless steel hot water dispenser for tea, hot chocolate or for preheating brew pitchers.
- This machine features a large brewing area that can accommodate extra wide cups and mugs up to 4” tall.
- For endless brewing and steaming without needing to refill, the La Valentina can be equipped with a plumbing kit to be connected to a water line.
- For simple brewing without grinding and tamping, the La Valentina is ESE pod compatible and comes with a pod adapter.
- NSF and UL approvals ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Dimensions and weight
- 16.3″H x 10.5″W x 17.5″D
Programmable Brewing Buttons
The La Valentina Automatic features 4 programmable brewing buttons to give you a variety of preset brewing volumes for different espresso drinks. Programming only takes a few minutes, and holding down the stop button gives you programming access for brewing buttons at anytime. After you have programmed each button to your preferred volumes, the La Valentina can go brew espresso from start to finish without supervision. Preset brewing time means users are able to focus on other tasks while brewing, without having to worry about timing each shot manually.
For maximum heat retention, the La Valentina features an E61 brew group that constantly circulates water from the boiler through the brewing components. With a heavy chrome-plated brass grouphead to absorb and maintain heat from the 1.3-liter, nickel-plated copper boiler, the La Valentina can produce continuous shots without sporadic heat loss between pulls. In addition, this machine features an adjustable Sirai pressurestat to give you even more control over brewing temperatures. Located beneath the cup warmer, this professional grade pressurestat is preset at 1.1/1.2 bar to dispense shots at about 180o-190oF, and can be fine-tuned to satisfy your specific needs.
The La Valentina features a ball-jointed stainless steel steam wand that pulls steam from the machine’s boiler whenever you need it. Since the La Valentina features a heat exchanger, there is no wait time for steam, and if you wish you can even steam and froth during the brew cycle to save time. For best results, use the steam wand for cappuccinos or lattes first, then brew espresso second for consistent temperatures under continuous use.
Stainless Steel Cup Warmer
The La Valentina’s exterior is made entirely out of stainless steel for maximum durability. The top of the machine features a stainless steel cup warming panel that can hold up to 8 demitasse cups, so that you can pour each shot into a preheated cup for better serving temperatures.
- Like all commercial espresso machines, you should always empty and rinse each portafilter after every use. It’s also a good idea to run water through each grouphead after the brewing cycle has completed to prevent coffee residue from building up around the brewing components.
- At the end of each day, the La Valentina should be backflushed with cleaning solution to remove buildup from the grouphead. Backflushing is a fast and easy way to keep your espresso machine functioning properly and producing at its best.
- Along with daily brew group maintenance, it is recommended that you clean each frothing wand after each use to maintain functionality and to prevent potential health issues. Simply use a damp towel to wipe away milk residue from the outside of the steam wand, and then point it at the drip tray and open the steam valve to allow clean steam to flow through.
- It is also recommended that the drip tray grill be removed nightly and cleaned thoroughly.
- As part of a weekly cleaning routine, it is recommended that you soak the portafilters, filter baskets and shower screens in a solution of backflush detergent and hot water. Soaking your brewing components for about 10 minutes throughout the week will ensure your machine continues to perform at its best.
Parts to Keep on Hand
There are some extra parts that you may want to have available, as they do need to be replaced from time to time. Parts that can wear under constant use are filter baskets, shower screens and group gaskets, so it’s a good idea to check them regularly and replace them when needed.
Since this Grimac Royal Falcon espresso machine comes standard with a 3-liter removable water tank and a standard 110/120v electrical plug, there is no professional installation required. However, if you choose to include the optional plumbing kit, this machine will require a professional installation, which we can arrange for you at the time of purchase. Prior to installation, you will need to submit the plumbing requirements to a general contractor or plumber as well as your code enforcement officer to ensure the compliance of your facility with the needs of this machine.
- 110 volts
- 1300 watts
- Circuit Breaker Requirements
- 20 Amp