With a reputation that precedes it, the Izzo Alex Duetto III Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine now features a host of functional upgrades to make it an even more dynamic choice for the discerning home barista. At the same time, this prosumer machine stays true to its winning original formula — dual insulated copper boilers, PID-controlled E-61 brew group, and quiet rotary pump — for performance you can count on. As with the previous model, the Izzo Alex Duetto III can operate using the water reservoir or be plumbed directly into a water line.
- Redesigned drip tray, now with a 32-ounce capacity (includes drain kit)
- Stainless steel body with elegant curved styling
- Reinforced front panel for increased durability
- Ergonomic portafilter, angled for ease of mobility
Dual Boiler System
This prosumer model has dual insulated copper boilers for top-of-the-line performance. The dedicated brew and steam boilers are both PID controlled, adjustable by one degree Fahrenheit at a time. The autonomous nature of the boilers allows them to maintain different brewing and steaming temperatures, if need be.
An added benefit of having two boilers is the ability to switch an inactive boiler off to conserve power. If you’re simply brewing and do not need to steam or froth, the Izzo Alex Duetto III will actually allow you to turn the steam boiler off and vice versa. The steam boiler has a 1200-watt heating element and the brew boiler is served by a 800-watt element.
- E-61 Brew Head: The commercial-grade E-61 brew group excels at temperature regulation for superior espresso extraction. This model also features automatic pre-infusion to maximize drink flavor and aroma. A thermal siphon design stabilizes the brew group’s temperature during periods of inactivity.
- 58 mm chrome-plated brass portafilter with two filter baskets, for single and double-shot espressos, as well a disc for backflushing.
- 3-Way Bi-pass Valve & Lever Control: Like the Alex II, this model incorporates a user-friendly lever design for shot initiation and, once you end the shot, pressure will be released via the three-way valve, leaving you with a dry puck for easy disposal.
- Gicar proportional–integral–derivative controller (PID controller): The advanced Gicar PID lets you adjust boiler temperatures to fine-tune steaming and extraction results.
- The water reservoir has a generous 2.4-liter capacity and an integrated sensor that will switch the machine off if water levels are too low to prevent a dry boil. This model can also be plumbed directly to a water source. A stainless steel braided water-line is included.
- Machine operations generate minimal noise, thanks to the professional-grade rotary pump.
- Both the steam wand and hot water nozzle can be swiveled as needed and feature no-burn designs for safe operation. The steam wand has a four-hole design to create hassle-free microfoam.
- Two manometers, (pressure gauges), one for steam and the other for the brew group
- Vacuum breaker valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- One year manufacturer’s warranty covers parts and labor
Dimensions and Specifications
- Width: 14 ¼”
- Depth: 17 ¼”
- Height : 16 ½” with cup rail
- Basket Size: 58 mm
- Boiler Capacitities: Seam Boiler – 1.8 L. Brew Boiler – 0.08 L.
- Water Reservoir: 2.4-liter capacity; option to plumb machine directly to water line
- Voltage: 110V
- Net Weight: 72lbs